Friday, August 24, 2007

hadn't realised it had been so long...

I hadn't realised it had been so long since I last posted... time just seems to be flying past me at the moment.....
Haven't really managed to do much in the line of sewing but have managed to finish off all the towells for embroidery for the footy club and finished off the hats as well... so they are all done for another year......
I have managed to finish off some trousers for Nikayla but she is growing so quickly I now need to go and make some more for her.... have partially finished 6 pairs of pyjama pants for the 4 girls just need to add the elastic and they can have them......lol
One thing I have been doing is knitting...... I have half finished a poncho for Tahlia and also finished one sock for Nikayla... lol I started doing the socks on no. 3 dpns as advised by the lady in the shop!! the pattern called for 2.25 dpns!! I will finish off the other sock and then do a pair for Tahlia on the 2.25s as I feel it would turn out better.....
I thought I would have a hunt through my stash of wool and was quite surprised at the amount I found I had... bit embarassing really..... one good thing is it doesn't go off... lol ...... the younger kids have been asking me to knit them hats with the ear flaps and the plaited bits as they are all the fashion round here now so I thought I would see what wool I had.....
I found a cardigan I had started knitting about 6 or 7 years ago, all it needed was sewing up to finish it off but I think it will be a little small for me now so I might undo it and wash the wool and find another pattern to make with it.......also found a cardigan I had started knitting for Tahlia or Zoe? can't remember which one, but it would fit Nikayla now if I finished it off....... I will think about it.....lol
Think I better just finish off what I have to do first or I will end up with more ufos......lol

Football for Brady has finished for the year with the Grand final being last Sunday and they had their presentation night after the game...... Sadly Brady's team lost by 4 goals on Sunday but they played to the best of their ability. It was a good game to watch.
Lauren has the last round of the season with netball on Saturday, they won't play in the finals so that will be the end of netball for the year for her.... Josh plays Saturday in football too but they still have the finals to go yet.... and that is if he is not working......
Josh is slowly learning about working life....... he may have to work Saturday mornings and miss out on football but I told him that is life......
Then in about 6 weeks time cricket starts for all 3 of them again......lol
Tahlia still has a couple more weeks of her netball to go but that is local and doesn't involve much travelling so is much easier to work in....

I recently upgraded my embroidery software and am anxious to get the time to install it and have a play around with it...... this one comes with a pen and tablet so I can physically draw my own designs into my program now and digitise them...... whereas before you had to do it with your mouse and cursors...... this will simplify things so much more... I can't wait until I actually get the time to have a good play around with it....lol
I think I am past these cold sunless days and am looking forward to bright sunny warm days...... I hate winter as it tends to get me down and I hate not being able to get out and do things and I also hate being cold.....lol
Brooke is going along quite well, haven't actually caught up with her for a week or so but I will.
She only has about 5 weeks to go now I think...... I did the good mum thing and washed some of the baby clothes this week and now just have to do the blankets and pass them on to her....

No comments: